Now Hiring A Safety Coordinator
January 4, 2017
Title: Safety CoordinatorReports to: Tremont West Development Corporation and Ohio City Incorporated
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
This position will allow the community development corporations (CDCs) of the Tremont and Ohio City neighborhoods to share a staff person whose sole responsibility is to address safety in these two communities. This person will focus on responding to resident needs and inquiries, utilize existing programs and develop and initiate new proactive solutions to address issues, work with the court system and prosecuting attorneys, and will support efforts of the Cleveland Police Departmentâs Second District.
The Safety Coordinator will work with the Tremont West and Ohio City Incorporated (OCI) to:
Manage safety programs in Ohio City and Tremont:
- Expand the Safety Camera Initiative: organize residents for fundraising, respond to incidents of crime and work with Second District officers to follow through to resolution.
- Grow Safety Audit program. Promote to residents; work with Second District to schedule home visits by officers; work with residents to ensure upgrades made qualify to receive available financial match.
- Work with funding partners and grant providers to ensure success of supported efforts and identify new opportunities to encourage/promote continued financial support.
- Other programs include: Court Watch, graffiti abatement, and lighting.
Second District Police Liaison
- Build relationships individually and with the entire department; work with individual detectives and help foster relationships between the Second District and the community.
- Serve as representative to the Second District Community Relations Board.
- Share safety information with block clubs serving both Tremont and Ohio City.
- Disseminate welcome packets and other information to residents outlining practical safety information and ways residents can get involved in ensuring their own safety.
- Work, or assist, in planning and coordinating safety events/fairs/festivals (National Night Out Against Crime, etc.)
- Work to develop and implement proactive programs that build relationships between police and residents. Example: recruiting police officers (in casual dress) to serve as referees for the Near West Recreation League to encourage officers, residents and their children to have positive interactions.
- Coordinate events that include resident involvement to address a community safety issue, such as, targeted Clean-Up projects or other such programs.
Serve as the primary point of contact for residents in Ohio City and Tremont regarding non-emergency safety concerns as well as the primary source of safety information and outreach to residents (collect information and report out to the community).
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with âSafety Coordinatorâ in the subject line.
This position offers a generous benefits package including paid time off, simple IRA with match, as well as health and dental insurance. Salary will commensurate with experience.
Resumes will be accepted through Tuesday, January 31st at 5:00PM. Interviews will begin immediately. No phone calls please.
Download pdf here.